Our Plan for Patient Safety Regarding Coronavirus
WE ARE CONTINUING TO STAY OPEN FOR OUR PATIENTS!
We know that this is a difficult time for many people and we have choosen to stay open to provide support for our patients who need our help. Additionally, we hope our efforts are helping to reduce the patient load on area emergency rooms and walk-in clinics.
Please know that we are following all recommended guidelines to ensure the health and well-being of everyone in our community. We are living in an ever-changing situation which we are monitoring closely. We will keep you informed of all related decisions as soon as possible. We are prepared along with other chiropractic offices across Massachusetts so that we may continue to remain open as long as it is reasonable, feasible, and responsible to do so. Our plan is to follow the guidance of state and public health officials.
Below are a few of the changes we have implemented at our office:
• You may hear from us to slightly alter your appointment times, as we try to reduce the number of people in the office at one time.
• When you arrive in our parking lot, we ask that you call to let us know. We will either invite you to come in or ask you to wait in your car until we call you in.
• Please be assured that none of the employees of Wilmington Back & Spine have shown signs of illness and we have had no reports of illness from our patients.
• We have installed an ionizing air purifier in our HVAC system that continuously cleans the office air 24-hours a day.
• We are taking the temperature of each patient when they enter the office as an added safety precaution.
• For the safety of ourselves and our patients we are requiring the wearing of surgical masks at all times in the office.
• We are disinfecting all door handles and other “high-touch” surfaces on a regular basis throughout the day.
• We are sanitizing all of our office pens and small instruments after each use in our new UV Sterilizer. • We have hand sanitizer available for our patients throughout the office.
Here at Wilmington Back & Spine, the health and well-being of all individuals within our community are of the utmost importance to us. We ask that all of you be respectful of our staff and community of patients. If you have been exposed to someone who has developed symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19 please stay at home. If you are not feeling well, or have a fever, a cough, body aches, altered sense of smell or taste, or shortness of breath please stay at home.
As has often been the case in difficult times, chiropractic offices have been vital resources in the communities we serve. Thank you for continuing to choose and trust Chiropractic. It is a sincere pleasure to serve you. We know that many of you are experiencing big changes physically, emotionally and socially. Please call the office for support. We need one another more than ever in times like these.